Capcom Arcade Stadium is a free-to-play “virtual arcade” compilation developed and digitally released by Capcom for the Nintendo Switch on February 17, 2021. It was later released for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on May 24, 2021.
The platform offers 32 arcade games released by Capcom, most of which used CP System and CP System II hardware. Other than 1943: The Battle of Midway (which is included free-of-charge), the games have to be purchased in sets of 10 (each corresponding to a different arcade game era), with the game Ghosts ‘n Goblins available as a bonus if all three packs are purchased (or as a separate purchase). Additional games are planned for inclusion post-release.
As with other modern emulation-based compilations, Capcom Arcade Stadium includes adjustable game options, multiple visual filters, adjustable game speed (including rewind and fast-forward), quicksave/quickload, and online leaderboards (with multiple ranking play modes, including score attack and time attack). It also includes a global “CASPO” score, which tracks the player’s overall efficiency in all games.
In addition to multiple visual filters and wallpaper options, the game includes a “3D” option that allows players to play the game as if they were in front of an arcade cabinet. Along with a generic upright cabinet, the game includes accurate recreations of Capcom’s Status, Mini Cute, and Impress cabinets.
The compilation includes 32 titles, with both English and Japanese versions. Two of these titles, Trojan and Mercs, use their Japanese titles in both versions (Tatakai no Banka and Senjo no Okami II).
- 1943: The Battle of Midway / 1943: Midway Kaisen – Included for free.
- Ghosts ‘n Goblins / Makaimura – Bonus game for those who purchased all three Packs. Available as separate purchase.
Pack 1: Dawn of the Arcade (’84 – ’88)
- Pirate Ship Higemaru
- Commando / Senjo no Okami
- Section Z
- Tatakai no Banka
- Legendary Wings / Aresu no Tsubasa: The Legendary Soldiers
- Bionic Commando
- Forgotten Worlds
- Ghouls ‘n Ghosts / Daimakaimura
Pack 2: Arcade Revolution (’89 – ’92)
- Strider / Strider Hiryu
- Dynasty Wars / Tenchi wo Kurau
- Final Fight
- 1941: Counter Attack
- Senjo no Okami II
- Mega Twins / Chiki Chiki Boys
- Carrier Air Wing / U.S. Navy
- Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
- Captain Commando
- Varth: Operation Thunderstorm
Pack 3: Arcade Evolution (’92 – ’01)
- Warriors of Fate / Tenchi wo Kurau II: Sekiheki no Tatakai
- Street Fighter II’: Hyper Fighting / Street Fighter II’ Turbo: Hyper Fighting
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo / Super Street Fighter IIX: Grand Master Challenge
- Powered Gear: Strategic Variant Armor Equipment
- Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
- 19XX: The War Against Destiny
- Battle Circuit
- Giga Wing
- 1944: The Loop Master
- Progear / Progear no Arashi
Latest On Capcom Arcade Stadium
All game data on this page is sourced via Giant Bomb.